What's new

Display resolution problem

Hi fellow memebers

a few days back i connected my SP2 to my TV via HDMI after that the display resolutions are all changed , i tried reverting back from the display options but still i am not able to return to my previous resolutions , all programs are smaller now , and when coppying something from excel table and pasting it as a picture i am unable to get the full table picture rather just a small part of that picture. does anyone know who i can revert back to the orignal display settings of the SP2

currently tried : 1600 x 900 and 1920 x 1080

Thanks.

toaf

do you know what your resolution was before? and did you mirror your display or had it as a 2nd? i think there is a few different things that could have gone wacko. i would try to max out the setting (without a 2nd monitor hooked up) and see if that's the size. i lowered mine so it would be close to my 1600/1200 monitor when docked. and 1600/900 when not docked. that way i only loose 300 on the vertical. if going hdmi... make its kinda tough to find a good resolution for both

OP
S

stranger4all

No i don't know my last resolution but it was the default one from start , i never changed , and i connected only on the second display i.e. second screen only. can you provide any solution to revert back.

jefhart

The default resolution is 1920x1080. You may also try going into control panel -> display -> and then play with the smaller, medium, larger configurations.

toaf

when your trying to put it back i hope it isnt connected to a 2nd monitor, it might makes thing funky if you havent had pratice with a 2nd monitor and resolution changes.
just have the surface not hooked up to anything, and change the resolution to the deafult 1920/1080 (or just max it out)

OP
S

stranger4all

i tried that , i rarely connect to a second display just to watch movies on my TV , i have tried changing the display without anything connected but still the display wont go back to the default :(

please help.
display issue 1.JPG
display issue 2.JPG

toaf

that looks high to me. or are you talking about what your internet explorer is doing? your desktop looks high.

jefhart

That is actually 1600x900. Can you take a screenshot of the screen resolution settings with the drop down of sizes open?