What's new

Do Not BUY SP3. You will be sorry

OP
M

mmoran27

Here is another angle. It definitely bent due to something heavy being put on it. Thanks for sending me something I can't use. Morons
image.jpg

Last edited:

Artov

You are definitely having a bad time with this one! Surprised to see such damage though given the packaging it cones in seemed pretty robust, although here in the UK it may be different of course.

mitchellvii

This is why I NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy high end electronics online. If I can't get it at a local retailer I don't buy it. Also, always buy using your credit card. They provide many protections against this kind of abuse.

Geek.Verve

Someone, somewhere has had this sort of experience with pretty much every product ever released to the public. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

However, this is most certainly *not* the norm that potential buyers should worry about. My condolences for your being at the wrong end of the bell curve.

EMINENT

I've done the advanced exchange before. The device arrived fast and in excellent condition.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Excellent customer service.

Kris

Hate to be another one but so far I have had great customer service with MS. Called in explained my problem and what I had done to try to fix it, rep immediately said it was a hardware issue and set up for an advance exchange. It wouldn't go through, some issue with my debit card. Rep said would call back the next day, at a set time, to try again and she did. No problem with my debit card this time and advance exchange is going through... at least according to the 3 emails I have received so far. This far exceeds my treatment from Best Buy, want to start a thread about hating them and I will happily join in. This will be my 5th return and love the damn thing so much willing to keep trying to get a working one.

Knuck

Perhaps I am missing something but if understand your situation correctly you sent a defective unit back to MSFT for replacement through fedex. Microsoft claims it was damaged upon receipt and they eventually sent it back to you in the condition shown in the pictures. I expect that you did not send it to MSFT in the condition it was returned to you in. How is this a Microsoft issue? It sounds like a fedex issue. Did you not have insurance? I'm guessing you did not have Complete as the damage would have been covered.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps I am missing something but if understand your situation correctly you sent a defective unit back to MSFT for replacement through fedex. Microsoft claims it was damaged upon receipt and they eventually sent it back to you in the condition shown in the pictures. I expect that you did not send it to MSFT in the condition it was returned to you in. How is this a Microsoft issue? It sounds like a fedex issue. Did you not have insurance? I'm guessing you did not have Complete as the damage would have been covered.

Microsoft pay for and provide the shipping label. So the question is now, who's responsible for chasing up the delivery guy for compensation? Sounds like microsoft are the ones with a contract with the courrier, not the user, they simply put it in a box with a label as requested by microsoft.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like your headline should read: Don't blindly trust FedEx in Mexico.
Although the box doesn't appear damaged which is not consistent with the photo of the device.
Hmm shipped from Mexico to Mexico 10 days... I'm getting an image of a Clint Eastwood movie involving a mule and a nun and some bad banditos.

JimB

My SP1 exchange went flawlessly going to the store. They did all shipping and got a brand new (appeared to me) replacement. took 3 weeks which wasn't bad.

Financials

OP seems very hostile, I can imagine you act hostile with support staff also, and this is not a normal exchange...

You seem to have been sent a replacement, which was broken upon opening the box.

MS support staff have no idea to know if it was actually fedex, or if you broke it after receiving, its not hard to put your tablet back ontop of a box to take a picture if you accidentally tripped and dropped it a few hours after getting (not saying you did, just their point of view).

If you didn't have accidental coverage, I can see why this would take time to resolve.

Also, I have had NOTHING but positive experience from in-store, online and phone support. Online chat agents are typically useless... I had a warped SP3 chassis and touch screen issues intermittently ... got my SP3 from the Adobe MAX conference in the states, im in CANADA, and the chat agent spent a day and a half calling all local stores to garuntee they will have an i5 8gb to replace on spot (I needed my device, told him cant mail it in toexchange due to exam week ongoing). The store swapped it out no questions asked upon seeing the warped chassis, took ~30 minutes, everything brand new (pulled the device out of a new box, swapped it with my charger / pen / device (didn't give me box, I had no box, no receipt on me). Also took the time to make sure device was perfect before I left.

MS Support is the best experience I have had with ANY company providing ANY service, the fact its a technology company is outstanding. 30 day return policy no questions asked, $150 2 year ACCIDENTAL WARRANTY (everyone says match apples service level, apple store takes days to book an appointment and does not even offer accidental coverage locally, hah). Try a store, or contact chat support again and go over your entire situation and ask for an advanced swap.