What's new

Do Not BUY SP3. You will be sorry

Financials

I had an SP2 just after the SP3 release that bricked on a restore somehow and wouldn't take any images, so I had to go to the store and they couldn't fix it either, decided to swap me a new unit.

They had no SP2 256gb in stock, the guy said most of the SP2 hardware was being called back to MS head offices or distribution centres, so he had to do a mail swap. The guy processed it in store for me and said it would be easier / quicker that way, and told me to expect a device in 5-10 business days. He was right, got it in 6 business days shipped to my house, refurb but brand new condition.

If its in stock they will do replacement in store no problem (as I just did today with SP3) but SP2 / SP1 you are better off just mailing it if not near a store, If you make a trip they will still have to send it out anyway. Hard to find anything even chargers or pens in-store for SP1/2 by me.,

Aeron15

Pretty sure this is a local courier problem. MS shipped my SP3 without any padding on a box thrice the thickness of the sp3 box and it didn't arrive broken.

This is seriously the box it came in. When the courier dude handed it to me, it rattled a bit I took a video of the unboxing for insurance purposes and I was surprised it wasn't broken.

Attachments

• WIN_20141026_211432.JPG
    WIN_20141026_211432.JPG
    318.3 KB · Views: 438

Telstar1948

Pretty sure this is a local courier problem. MS shipped my SP3 without any padding on a box thrice the thickness of the sp3 box and it didn't arrive broken.

This is seriously the box it came in. When the courier dude handed it to me, it rattled a bit I took a video of the unboxing for insurance purposes and I was surprised it wasn't broken.

Unreal... to bad the packer didn't have to leave a little slip of paper in the box with his name like some companies do. That guy deserves to be fired.

VickiFL

I have to give my experience as to why Microsoft is a GREAT company, and you SHOULD buy a Surface Pro 3.

Yesterday, I had to jump up quickly, and I accidentally pulled out the power plug from the SP3. The SP3 did not fall, and I was just surfing the web and listening to Pandora (via the web, not app) when it happened. When I came back to plug my SP3 back in, the screen was black. That concerned me, so I tried to turn it back on, every way possible. All I kept getting was a black screen with words I honestly can't remember, with instructions.

I called Microsoft support, and they tried to help me, but could not get past that black screen either, or get Windows to boot up. So, they made me an immediate appointment at my Microsoft Store, and we drove right there. Upon arrival, their technician also could not get Windows to boot up. They knew the whole story via the Microsoft tech on the phone, who called them personally to make sure they had a replacement SP3 for me, just in case.

He told me that they were just going to replace the SP3 for me, and I do have a Complete plan. (I have had my new SP3 about a month, so not long) They asked me where I bought it, and I told them Amazon, and they asked me if I was sure. I said absolutely, let me show you. I signed onto my Amazon account, but I didn't realize I didn't buy it directly from Amazon, but from a seller named "E Trust."

That didn't matter to them, they still replaced my SP3, and were so nice and helpful. We were there for a good while (almost 1 1/2 hours), including setting up my new SP3. They offered us beverages, and helped with everything while our daughter played Minecraft on the XBox One. Now, my SP3 is on file as purchased at the Microsoft Store, and I have a new receipt.

What is disconcerting is they found out that this "E Trust" seller has been committing fraud! He is selling every model of SP3 that he bought from Microsoft with an educational discount, and then re-selling them at full price! Saying they were very upset was an understatement. One person was on the phone with Microsoft already planning on how they are going to deal with this seller. At one point I heard him say, "damn, you're right, tomorrow is Sunday." They are definitely not sitting on this and I imagine Monday is not going to be a good day for this seller, or Amazon.

Long story, I know, but I wanted to post it to show that not everyone has a bad experience with Microsoft. Plus, we exposed a seller committing fraud, so big win for Microsoft. I hope they nail this guy to the wall. I cannot stand thieves. I also can't believe he thought he could get away with it.

Clovismod

In France, I asked for replacing the nib of the pen. MS sent me a whole new pen, without even asking for a proof of the poor state of my nib. My new pen came three days after my call, and the next day, support called me to verify anything was in good order.