What's new

Do Surface Pro Support .Net Framework 2.0 ?

FindMyWayHome

A program I want to use requires .Net Framework2.0 and im not sure if I should download 4.0 instead. And even if I download .Net Framework,why Is it not installed on the Surface Pro already? and where should I download?

thanks in advance,
FindMyWayHome

zoey

I see this is an older post but I need help! I need to download NET framework 2.0 but when I go to open it, I get a message saying "this app can't run on your PC"
Why is this? Any idea what I can do?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
.Net Framework Support is in the box so to speak.
Go to Control Panel - Programs - under Programs and Features select Turn Windows Features on or off.
The top item is .Net Framework 3.5 (includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0).

leeshor

I have 2 customers with multiple systems that have programs demanding 2.0 to run properly. Only installing 3.5 and above will not work. Surprised me!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have 2 customers with multiple systems that have programs demanding 2.0 to run properly. Only installing 3.5 and above will not work. Surprised me!
That might be fixable with a compatibility setting. OR perhaps you/they should run from this app as fast as possible.
You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run. :)

zoey

Under my programs and features, turning windows on or off feature, no where in there is my a.NET framework. Does this mean I did not install it correctly? Or should it automatically be there?

Leeshor, I see the link that you sent and I got the same error message "cannot run on your PC" even with the redistributable option.
My surface is BRAND new so no "extras" are downloaded yet, maybe that's my issue?

leeshor

That might be fixable with a compatibility setting. OR perhaps you/they should run from this app as fast as possible.
You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run. :)
It's a high end accounting program, still current. Not much of a choice on their part.