What's new

do Touch cover 1 /Type cover1 fit for SP2?

zbuddha

Hi all,
I have a doubt whether touch cover 1 type cover 1 will fit and work well with SP2..as it is available in my country.
if so is it good to buy them? please suggest.

Thank you

kristalsoldier

I don't know about whether or not they are good given that the newer versions have backlighting etc. That said, there is nothing really bad about then - except perhaps for the Touch Cover 1, which has a much lesser number of sensors than the Touch Cover 2. But they will work with the newer machines.

oion

If you don't require backlighting, the old covers will work fine. But I don't recommend the old Touch either unless you find one very cheap.

TrentonT

I ordered a Type cover for my SP2 when I ordered it. Have a type on my RT.
Did not like the type cover with the SP2 being thicker than the RT the type cover made it seem very thick.
My feelings so my wife hasthe type with the RT and I have the touch with the SP2 we are both happy

Both Touch and type are 1

drolem

The original covers will work just fine with the SP2. Conversely, the newer covers will also work with SP1.

OP
Z

zbuddha

THank you all for your positive replies..thanks a lot..then i would go for touch / type cover 1 because they are cheaper at my place...
could you suggest which one is good to use touch or type cover 1?

oion

THank you all for your positive replies..thanks a lot..then i would go for touch / type cover 1 because they are cheaper at my place...
could you suggest which one is good to use touch or type cover 1?

If you type only occasionally, Touch is fine. But most people will recommend the Type because it has "real" keys and acts like a normal keyboard. If you type a lot (e.g. emails, papers), then definitely a Type.