What's new

do we think microsoft would ever NOT glue the screen?

toaf

at this point seeing and hearing of battery issues. I would think it is something they should think about. OR at least an opening just to get to important stuff.

I didn't turn on my old trusty SP2 for a month or 2.. now it seems to have a battery issue I cant figure out. the power keyboard isn't helping like I thought it would when this time came..

any one know what pins might short out the battery? it should almost be a crime not to have access to batteries of devices.

but at "luck" has it. I feel like I have a fighting chance at openings this bad boy up.

seems I just had to vent..thanks for reading :D

convergent

I can't imagine what they are thinking to use glue on anything like this. If they can assemble a smartphone with screws, then they should be able to assemble a tablet that way. I get that they want it to look cool, but there is a point when it becomes silly. An SP2 is pretty dated, so I think if it were me I'd be tempted to try and open it knowing that you've not lost a huge amount of value if it doesn't go well.

OP
toaf

toaf

i do feel as long as I get the SSD out ill be fine. at least the SP4 is still cranking away. I can turn it on. so If I try to open it. I might just have it run a game that heats up the surface, then take a heat gun to it :D

Joseph_Wade

Well, having removable battery is probably better. I am not really good on opening my device, so i always bring it to any technician to repair it. I have to repair my SP2 last month, BTW.

OP
toaf

toaf

for battery issues? I find it damned strange that my used often and much loved SP2 went from no issues, to 100% plugged in but not charging.

after I get 4 suction cups in the mail. I will be attempting to open.. hope it doesn't turn out like that one time they opened the ark in Indiana Jones........