What's new

Do You Guys Email Developers?

TeknoBlast

Does anyone here contact developers requesting developing their app for Window 8 or Windows Phone?

For example, I'm a Windows Phone user, but I have an iPod Touch for iOS apps. One useful app that I found is called Nextdoor, which is a community social app. So they have it for iOS and they posted on their blog that they're hard at work on an Android version. There was no mention of a Windows Phone version. So I emailed them tell them that I use their app on my iPod, but phone-wise, I'm a Windows Phone user and requested that it would be nice to consider a WP app in the near future.

They replied very nicely the next day and said they would consider it. I'm assuming there's not that much interest at the moment.

So just wondering if anyone else here have experienced the same thing.

So they have it for iOS and they posted on their blog that they're hard at work on an Android version. There was no mention of a Windows Phone version.

This seems to be the situation for the "app industry".

I've had android after leaving WM6.5. I loved the usability and control of WM, but had the same frustration back then--apps for iPhone, maybe Android...Windows who?

Getting back on point, yes, I contact developers occasionally. I find they are very helpful and accommodating. For example, I once asked for a specific feature in their app, and after emailing back and forth with details, the next revision included that feature.

From what I understand though, creating apps for iPhone is completely different from Android and completely different from Windows. So it wouldn't be as simple as converting applicability.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

I'm no developer so I don't know the business side of spending resources on a phone OS, but I would think it would be great to cash in on another OS rather sticking to the two most popular ones. It would be that much more of a user base for your app than depending on just the two. That's just me though. Like I said, I'm no developer nor a business man. If it was me, I would want to expose my app to as many people as possible through several ecosystems rather than just one or two ecosystems.

mitchellvii

I mostly just sext them.

But seriously, sure. There are a number of Android and Apple Apps out there right now which have features I recommended added to them. These guys listen.