What's new

Solved Dock not seen @ startup

chillcat34433

I just bought a pro-4 today along with the dock station. I've noticed each time at startup that the dock is not being recognized and what I mean is the usb devices plugged into the dock. I have to unplug the main connection to computer and plug back in. Is there a setting I need to adjust? I looked at the CMP Management (nothing obvious for startup config).

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, @chillcat34433

Glad you joined this forum. Let's see if we can help you with the Surface Pro 4 recognizing all your USB devices on the dock at startup.

Assuming you have all the Windows Updates completed ...

Try this first:
- One-by-one, plug each USB device into your Surface Pro 4 directly, while the dock is also connected. Unplug the device after your Surface Pro 4 recognizes it.
- Then one-by-one, plug each USB device into your dock, while the dock is connected. After all are connected and recognized, restart your Surface Pro 4.

Let us know. We will pursue the next course if this does not solve the problem.

MickeyLittle

Welcome, @chillcat34433

Glad you joined this forum. Let's see if we can help you with the Surface Pro 4 recognizing all your USB devices on the dock at startup.

Assuming you have all the Windows Updates completed ...

Try this first:
- One-by-one, plug each USB device into your Surface Pro 4 directly, while the dock is also connected. Unplug the device after your Surface Pro 4 recognizes it.
- Then one-by-one, plug each USB device into your dock, while the dock is connected. After all are connected and recognized, restart your Surface Pro 4.

Let us know. We will pursue the next course if this does not solved the problem.

Welcome to the best tech forum on the planet @chillcat34433 bar none. One of the main reasons that I love this place so much is that the experts here (nope I'm not one of them) like @sharpuser, never make you feel like they're a genius and you're not. This forum is a team effort and you can see that clearly here several times in his post.

@sharpuser says 3 things
1) "Let's see if we can help you"
2) "Let us know"
3) "We will pursue the next course if this does not solve the problem"

I'm not trying to get all mushy or anything but seriously this is a fantastic post and I see these throughout this forum. I've been on a lot of tablet/phone forums over the years and to me this has been the most helpful!