What's new

Docking Station for SP7

Kalmiany

Hi

I am thinking of buying a SP7 and was wondering is there a docking station available for it where you can just drop the laptop into.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, @Kalmiany. Welcome.

No, I do not think such a docking station is available. But the existing docking station available has a single magnet-assisted connector to an SP7 or other Surface device, and has a much smaller footprint on your desk.

OP
K

Kalmiany

It would be nice if you could just drop your SP into a docking station no need to play a round with cables. Apples Mac Books use to have one from a company called Henge Docks.

RayR

The Microsoft dock works well with any of the recent Surface devices. It uses one connection to the charging socket and gives a range of connectors. Mine sits behind my Surface and under the monitor on my desk, and charges the Surface while I am using it. Not cheap but a good working solution.

MaxBuck

FWIW, I've now had two separate Surface docks fail on me. One failed entirely (about 2 years old), and the second works for everything except the Ethernet direct internet connection. Very disappointing for what should be a pretty simple piece of hardware, and expensive at that.