What's new

Docking Stations are Here!

haman

Just an FYI ... I have been able to purchase 4 of these docking stations without an issue.

I purchased two of them at the Microsoft store in Bellevue and I ordered two of them online and those were shipped today. The Microsoft store web site is kind of messed up because it will say "Coming Soon" but it still lets you order and they ship.

The dock is well designed and I am currently running another monitor on it. The fit and finish is about as good as it gets on this dock.
This is the dock that I have been waiting for.

oion

A pretty funny case of "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" yet it turns out to the consumers' favor.

But... four?!

OP
H

haman

Yeah .... about that four .... Funny you ask ...

I ordered the first two on the web early Tuesday morning and was surprised that the web site allowed me to order them. I figured it was a fluke, but what the heck.

My wife then went to the Microsoft Store in Bellevue, Wa to see if see could get a Surface Pro 2 (I know what a great wife!). She called me up when she got there and said, "hey they have docking stations here", so I thought a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, so I had her purchase two of them.

Later today, I get an email from the Microsoft store that says the two docks that I ordered from the web site have shipped. What's a guy to do! I figure I will keep three of them and see if my dad wants the other one.

oion

Yeah .... about that four .... Funny you ask ...

I ordered the first two on the web early Tuesday morning and was surprised that the web site allowed me to order them. I figured it was a fluke, but what the heck.

My wife then went to the Microsoft Store in Bellevue, Wa to see if see could get a Surface Pro 2 (I know what a great wife!). She called me up when she got there and said, "hey they have docking stations here", so I thought a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, so I had her purchase two of them.

Later today, I get an email from the Microsoft store that says the two docks that I ordered from the web site have shipped. What's a guy to do! I figure I will keep three of them and see if my dad wants the other one.

Oh, I see. So YOU'RE the reason why the dock is in "low stock." :p I could see two for one Pro--one at home and one at work, but geez. LOL

Nuspieds

First, where's my email telling me that it was not available?! I had signed up for that.

Anyway, it definitely is now available for purchase online but shipment will take place starting Friday, so that means no deliveries until next week. And I will be out of town for the week, so that's a bummer for me, especially since I am returning home this week to finally unbox my SP2. :(

I called my local store and they didn't have any. Maybe tomorrow.