What's new

Dockingstation issues

I thought it would be good to have a thread with dockingstation issues. Perhaps this is it.

I have seen a problem with docking station here. Sometimes when SP3 is shut down and in dockingstation, i only see the surface logo on start but windows doesnt start. I have to shut down (works in a second, no hard reset or 15 second shutdown with power button required). When i restart, windows starts. This only happens sometimes when SP3 is in docking station.

OP
Danielo290881

Danielo290881

Dont think so. Monitor is on when being docked. It doesnt't start windows after seeing the surface logo on startup. And this only happens when being docked.

Without docking
- Surface is completly shutted down
- Press the power button
- Surface logo appears
- Windows starts

With docking
- Surface is completly shutted down
- Press the power button
- Surface logo appears
- Nothing happens
- Press power button one time and one second to shut down again
- Press power button to turn on
- Surface logo appears
- Windows starts immediately

toaf

do you have a monitor plugged into it? if not i would try when i turn mine on in the docking station that's what happens but my monitor turns on.

ahh wait if you dock it live. does the monitor turn on?

Last edited:
OP
Danielo290881

Danielo290881

Okay, it is my iiyama monitor. I undocked everything of dockingstation and did shut downs and restart. First mouse, then webcam. All worked great. Then i attached my monitor into displayport and had the problem while starting again. If others have the problem too, its probably the external monitor too. Thanks for answering!

toaf

hey try changing the resolution on monitor 2. find a native resolution for that monitor

toaf

if it's the issue i think it is. try putting your 2nd screen to clone. then keep changing the screen resolution until the monitor turns on. if you get what i mean

ronny5

Okay, it is my iiyama monitor. I undocked everything of dockingstation and did shut downs and restart. First mouse, then webcam. All worked great. Then i attached my monitor into displayport and had the problem while starting again. If others have the problem too, its probably the external monitor too. Thanks for answering!
You may find that if you disconnect the display from the DisplayPort adapter which remains plugged into the dock that you still have the same problem? If so how is this a problem with the external display? I have same issues

MassDude

You may find that if you disconnect the display from the DisplayPort adapter which remains plugged into the dock that you still have the same problem? If so how is this a problem with the external display? I have same issues

Mine does the same thing in the dock ... need to 'Start' twice ... I unplugged the external monitor and the same thing. When it is not in the dock there are never any issues.

ronny5

@MassDude Confirm same and if you unplug mini DisplayPort from dock then there are no issues? except the fact the external display is not connected or connected directly to SP3 also no issues. Microsoft support contacted me yesterday to work through this issue, I made sure that they understood exactly what the problem was, also at their request a diagnostic package was downloaded and ran, the results of which have been uploaded back to Microsoft for review. I expect to hear back from them today at 13:15PM NZ time hopefully with information on cause and possible resolution. Will advise outcome