What's new

Does Not Turn Off Screen While I Watch Video

indahla

On my iPad i can set the system to turn of the screen after 5 minutes. But it will not turn off if I watch a video. This is good.
On my Surface is doesn't work that way. If I set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes it will do so no mather what I do.

Can I change this?

cali

Welcome to the site. We don't encourage members to use email address in their posts due to spam. Might want to consider adjusting your screen name, just a thought.

drowe

I use the "metro" video app to watch full movies without it turning off. What program are you using to try to watch the movies?

OP
I

indahla

Welcome to the site. We don't encourage members to use email address in their posts due to spam. Might want to consider adjusting your screen name, just a thought.
Good idea :)
I can't find how to do this. Can you help?

OP
I

indahla

I use the "metro" video app to watch full movies without it turning off. What program are you using to try to watch the movies?
I use a Norwegian app called TV 2 Sumo. It's an app from a Norwegian TV-broadcaster where you can watch live and recorded TV. If I set the screen for 15 min the screen will turn of while watching video in this app.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Good idea :)
I can't find how to do this. Can you help?
You've got a PM.

Regarding your problem: Please contact the developer of the app (open charms and tap support) and tell him to implement the blocking of turning-screen off while watching videos. This bug is a common one with new video-apps.