What's new

Does Surface Pen work with all touch screen devices?

OP
C

cboner

thanks for your introduction. I also noticed that that model gained high reviews from users, maybe it is of good use. However I don't know which stylus I should use to choose a big brand as Adonit or Wacom series.They seem very expensive for me. In regard of choosing Mixoo stylus, I also have my individual anxiety. I don't know if it works well and can be paired with my tablet. Any suggestions for this decision ? It's a hard decision to make for me.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks for your introduction. I also noticed that that model gained high reviews from users, maybe it is of good use. However I don't know which stylus I should use to choose a big brand as Adonit or Wacom series.They seem very expensive for me. In regard of choosing Mixoo stylus, I also have my individual anxiety. I don't know if it works well and can be paired with my tablet. Any suggestions for this decision ? It's a hard decision to make for me.
These don't have to be paired. Remember they are just replacements for your finger and you don't have to pair your finger either. The Mixoo looks nice if it's not too expensive I wouldn't worry about getting one.

OP
C

cboner

thanks for your advice. As I am a new hand in choosing one suitable stylus, which factors do you think should be taken into account ?

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks for your advice. As I am a new hand in choosing one suitable stylus, which factors do you think should be taken into account ?

I could not agree with GreyFox7 more. - There are so many choices out there regarding a Stylus - As for myself, I usually like to select a stylus that has more than one purpose. I ran across a stylus the other day that had a Pen, laser-pointer, phone holder & flashlight combo. Go-Go-Gadget! As for my personal choice, I tend to purchase a stylus that I can easily clip to my shirt or computer bag which makes it easier to keep track of and I don't lose it a week after getting it. For a laugh - take a look at this Stylus. The "NERD" in me actually wants one.............

Multi-Purpose Stylus Pen, Phone Holder & Flash Light

The ONLY reasons I ordered a separate stylus for my Surface devices in the past is -

1) I wanted 1 for my Samsung devices as well, until I bought the Note 8 which has its own built in stylus - Woo-Hoo - Bliss!
2) Surface Devices would not allow the Pen to utilize "flick" gestures to scroll elongated windows up or down. By obtaining a separate stylus, I of course could use it to navigate elongated windows.

However, as we all know (& I am very elated) - Microsoft fixed this issue and we can all use the ever-so-costly Pen to scroll without having to grab that annoying scroll bar. Yayy!!!!!!

Happy Stylus Hunting! Let us know what you landed on.

Mike

OP
C

cboner

I could not agree with GreyFox7 more. - There are so many choices out there regarding a Stylus - As for myself, I usually like to select a stylus that has more than one purpose. I ran across a stylus the other day that had a Pen, laser-pointer, phone holder & flashlight combo. Go-Go-Gadget! As for my personal choice, I tend to purchase a stylus that I can easily clip to my shirt or computer bag which makes it easier to keep track of and I don't lose it a week after getting it. For a laugh - take a look at this Stylus. The "NERD" in me actually wants one.............

Multi-Purpose Stylus Pen, Phone Holder & Flash Light

The ONLY reasons I ordered a separate stylus for my Surface devices in the past is -

1) I wanted 1 for my Samsung devices as well, until I bought the Note 8 which has its own built in stylus - Woo-Hoo - Bliss!
2) Surface Devices would not allow the Pen to utilize "flick" gestures to scroll elongated windows up or down. By obtaining a separate stylus, I of course could use it to navigate elongated windows.

However, as we all know (& I am very elated) - Microsoft fixed this issue and we can all use the ever-so-costly Pen to scroll without having to grab that annoying scroll bar. Yayy!!!!!!

Happy Stylus Hunting! Let us know what you landed on.

Mike

Thank you, Mike. I got to know why you chose that stylus. However could you please help me identify the differences between Apple Pencil and such capacitive stylus as Meko stylus, Wacom or Adonit stylus.