What's new

Does the reveal of the new Surface 3 mean a longer wait for the Surface Pro 4?

fuzzy2651

Just my thought or worry that with the Surface 3 being unveiled, that they would wait longer to put out the SP4 to have both a Surface 4 and Pro 4 out at the same time. Also, why not skip Surface 3 and wait to release both at the same time so there's both a Surface 4 and a Surface Pro 4? Is Microsoft just going to let the SP3 ride a little longer until they can put Skylake in the SP4 and refresh the Surface 3 to the 4? So many questions...

leeshor

My guess would be no. The new SP3 is in a different class. The SP4 will likely be more, not less.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think there may be some benefit to a staggered release schedule so that each product gets a little spotlight time and love (or hate as the case may be). However it's done each product needs to stand on it's own merits and be properly promoted, something that didn't happen before.

OP
fuzzy2651

fuzzy2651

I understand the staggered release schedule. My concern is more about having and promoting two different generations of devices when the SP4 is eventually released.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I understand the staggered release schedule. My concern is more about having and promoting two different generations of devices when the SP4 is eventually released.
They just need to make sure they have quality clowns juggling the two balls. Some clowns can handle much more than that. :)

kundas1

I don't know, I think this will just end up confusing people again just like the RT did...

malberttoo

And another forum to moderate :)

I actually think that having a full Windows instead of RT is going to make things much easier for those who want to buy a Surface.

Agreed. At least this time it's a regular Windows machine, that runs the apps and programs you're already using.

CrippsCorner

Yeah that's true... no one's going to buy one of these and be disappointed, as it's still going to run all the same apps at its bigger brother. I think the Surface Pro 4 will come out along side Windows 10, that'd really make sense and make them both shine together.