What's new

Does the SP4 come with the interchangeable nibs??

IlbeRevolution

Hi, I just spoke with the MS rep about the interchangeable nibs.

She says the SP4 should come with them out of the box.

Mine didn't come with one, so I made absolutely sure that she's not mistaken.

Apparently, they are suppose to come with the nibs...

Can someone verify this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael L: at 21:40:53
So the Surface Pro 4 will have interchangeable nibs.
You: at 21:41:11
really?
You: at 21:41:49
I just got my SP4, and I do not have the nibs in the box...
You: at 21:42:08
so i was looking to order a new pen with matching color along with the nibs...
Michael L: at 21:43:05
Make sure you take everything out of the box to make sure if it's there. Also if you purchase a pen it would come with the nibs.
You: at 21:43:44
i haave looked everywhere in the box. are you absolutely sure it comes with the nibs?
You: at 21:43:56
I'll have to contact MS support if that's the case.
Michael L: at 21:44:15
Yes I just asked my supervise to make sure and they said it should of came with the device.
You: at 21:44:38
ok. thank you.

Last edited:
Hi, I just spoke with the MS rep about the replacement nibs.

She says the SP4 should come with them out of the box.

Mine didn't come with one, so I made absolutely sure that she's not mistaken.

Apparently, they are suppose to come with the nibs...

Can someone verify this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael L: at 21:40:53
So the Surface Pro 4 will have interchangeable nibs.
You: at 21:41:11
really?
You: at 21:41:49
I just got my SP4, and I do not have the nibs in the box...
You: at 21:42:08
so i was looking to order a new pen with matching color along with the nibs...
Michael L: at 21:43:05
Make sure you take everything out of the box to make sure if it's there. Also if you purchase a pen it would come with the nibs.
You: at 21:43:44
i haave looked everywhere in the box. are you absolutely sure it comes with the nibs?
You: at 21:43:56
I'll have to contact MS support if that's the case.
Michael L: at 21:44:15
Yes I just asked my supervise to make sure and they said it should of came with the device.
You: at 21:44:38
ok. thank you.
I bought an I5 SP4, no extra/replacement nibs in the box. The 4 pack is only $10 though.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything I heard was it didn't come with the extra nibs but if you buy a Pen it comes with a set of nibs.
Terminology could be important... it has a replaceable nib but doesn't have extra nibs. :)

OP
I

IlbeRevolution

Everything I heard was it didn't come with the extra nibs but if you buy a Pen it comes with a set of nibs.
Terminology could be important... it has a replaceable nib but doesn't have extra nibs. :)

My bad. I meant the interchangeable nibs.

I've made it absolutely clear to the sales rep (interchangeable nib pack VS replacement nib)

I'm on phone with MS customer support, and the Tech says the SP4s come with the nibs (pack of 4).

I'm making absolutely sure of this by escalating it and having him speak to his superviser.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
My bad. I meant the interchangeable nibs.

I've made it absolutely clear to the sales rep (interchangeable nib pack VS replacement nib)

I'm on phone with MS customer support, and the Tech says the SP4s come with the nibs (pack of 4).

I'm making absolutely sure of this by escalating it and having him speak to his superviser.
If they are going to send you the "missing" pack, take it :)