What's new

Does Type Cover 2 work?

Deihmos

I have a Pro 2 and I think I am going to get rid of it and get the Surface 3 instead. Can I use the Pro 2 type cover 2 with it?

malberttoo

I have a Pro 2 and I think I am going to get rid of it and get the Surface 3 instead. Can I use the Pro 2 type cover 2 with it?

it'll work, but it's a different size and the s3 keyboard has a few different keys.

Indeed, your S3 and your Type Cover are different "shapes" of a rectangle. So the Type Cover will work, it just won't cover the S3 exactly.

malberttoo

I see. I think I'll just keep the pro 2. Not happy with the weight and thickness though.

I went from a Surface Pro (1) to an SP3. Best thing I've ever done. The change in form factor alone (16:9, going to 3:2) made the device, for me, so much more useful. If you don't need a Surface 3 for "power user" type needs, I encourage you to at least check one out, if you can.

OP
D

Deihmos

Nah I prefer to use my i7 12gb ram, 256gb ssd + 1tb laptop. I see the pro 3 as more a laptop than tablet. The surface 3 is interesting because I don't need that power and it is more portable. I have completely changed my mind on it.

bluelark

I went from a Surface 2 RT to a Surface 3. I sill use my type cover 2 and it works great. It's around 3/4" shorter on the top edge and around 1/3' wider on each side. It still fits in my case so it's all good.