What's new

Does zoom size matter?

mitchellvii

My biggest challenge in using the SP as a goto laptop replacement is that my Access Database has been designed with a larger screen in mind. At 150% forms are too big and at 125% too small to read. Oddly enough the perfect size without doing some extensive redesigns is 133%. Yeah, weird right?

The question is, when it comes to the SP and Windows 8 on general, is one zoom size better than another? One odd bug that I have noticed at non-100% zoom sizes is that text gets messed up in query design where it is hard to replace text - it sort of writes over itself - you'd have to try it to see what I mean. Other than that I have not noticed any issues at 133%.

I have also noticed that setting the SP at 1600 x 900 provides a number of benefits. It means I can set the zoom lower on my SP so things don't look so HUGE on my external monitor. It also gives me an extra row of tiles on my Modern UI screen (for the few times I ever actually look at that). As far as I can tell I haven't seen any degradation in image quality at 1600 x 900. I have noticed that at 1600 x 900 x 125% content is pretty much the same as 1920 x 1080 x 150%.

So can someone with knowledge of such things enlighten us? Is zoom factor pretty much flexible and we can set it at any level without problems?

N.G.

I'm having an issue with popup Windows which I suspect maybe some combination of magnification and font. I get empty windows clipboard popup in popup - no copy or paste just empty box. I mainly see it in Gmail new compose, but have seen it in something else. Be interested in knowledgeable guidance too.