What's new

Domain Pswd Surface Pro factory reset

Chewboxa

I have a Surface Pro that I need to factory reset. It is asking for Domain login credentials that I do not have and I need to wipe this Surface Pro. Cannot boot into windows due to password issue. Is there a way to do a reset without the password? I also cannot download the factory image to USB. Does anyone have a link that doesnt point me to MS? Thanks.

Pepper

In the phone forums, I see people get accused of theft when asking such a question. If it's yours, they would say, should you not be able to log in? If it's someone else's, can't they give you the password?

I'm not accusing you of anything. But some more information that proves you are not a thief might get more help.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the phone forums, I see people get accused of theft when asking such a question. If it's yours, they would say, should you not be able to log in? If it's someone else's, can't they give you the password?

I'm not accusing you of anything. But some more information that proves you are not a thief might get more help.
and if it was purchased from Fast Eddie... someone got ripped off.
Connect it to an open public network if it was under management it should automatically get wiped. :)

OP
C

Chewboxa

there is no way to prove anything on a forum. However, this surface came from my Dad, who worked for a company that went belly up this year. There is no one to send the surface back to, nor anyone to call for support or the admin passwords. it appears they have disabled booting from USB as well, because i have tried all manner of this. Any other suggestions?

malberttoo

it appears they have disabled booting from USB as well, because i have tried all manner of this. Any other suggestions?

If the machine does indeed have boot from USB disabled, then I'm pretty sure you're hosed. I would be very interested and surprised if someone has another way into that machine.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Throw a few insults toward the Lizard Squad and put it out there... see if they can get into it :D

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft Support may be able to assist but if it was bought second hand they will need to see chain of ownership...