What's new

dota 2 on sp3 or sp2

glass

Hi all, just looking for some advice on buying a surface tablet. I want to know if any one is playing data 2 on the new surface pro 3 tablet.
there was a video on you tube of some one testing it and it Looked like it didn't run too well so just wanted to know how it runs from anyone who has messed ° around with the settings
Also I am planning to run the dota 2 game with an external monitor / keyboard and mouse
cheers

macmee

Can't speak for Dota but I played League on my SP2. I have the SP3 now and assume it runs fine as well.

On my SP2 - LoL ran at max everything.

Liam2349

Can't speak for Dota but I played League on my SP2. I have the SP3 now and assume it runs fine as well.

On my SP2 - LoL ran at max everything.

Don't assume - SP2 is twice the gaming machine SP3 is.

Dota 2 runs at 16FPS on SP3 according to Anandtech. SP2 runs it at 30FPS using the same settings.

I think 16FPS is probably OK for a game like DOTA, but it's really pushing what is acceptable.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8077/microsoft-surface-pro-3-review/3

This test was done at 900p, and it looks like you might get better performance by reducing the settings.

berardi1111

i play dota 2 at low settings but native resolution on my sp3 i5 runs smooth i get greater than 30 fps. i tweak everything a lot including services and such. the fan runs for the whole game but temps average around 60. also look into undervolting it helped me reach lower temps

fatlardo

I have the pro 2 and play at 720p with antiliasing on, shadows low, textures high, and 100% scaling with no hiccups or lag.