What's new

Download Music Files from SkyDrive

ut1205

This may be a stupid question but I uploaded several music files (mp3) to SkyDrive using my Win 7 Laptop. I would like to download these files from SkyDrive to the "Music" library and the RT machine. I can't figure out how to do it. SkyDrive only gives me options to upload and I can't find an option in RT to download these files. In the "Computer" screen of the RT I don't see how to connect to SkyDrive.

Google searches have only suggested connecting to a LAN computer or using a thumb drive. Am I back to 1995?

Tell me how to do it.

ZachBui

you have to map the skylive to a network drive, from there you can copy it off from it. So far there isn't a download button from the official app it seems

Sin

Mapping your SkyDrive is very handy, but you can download files from the SkyDrive app. Just select the file(s) you want and the menu bar along the bottom will open. Download is on the left side of the menu bar. You select items in a Metro app by pulling down on it slightly and releasing. Hope this helps.

ArnoldC

This may be a stupid question but I uploaded several music files (mp3) to SkyDrive using my Win 7 Laptop. I would like to download these files from SkyDrive to the "Music" library and the RT machine. I can't figure out how to do it. SkyDrive only gives me options to upload and I can't find an option in RT to download these files. In the "Computer" screen of the RT I don't see how to connect to SkyDrive.

Google searches have only suggested connecting to a LAN computer or using a thumb drive. Am I back to 1995?

Tell me how to do it.

No need to bother with Apps or Mapped drives, simply login to your SkyDrive account using IE10...

Untitled_zpsfd1e9aa3.png

ArnoldC

the more alternatives the better =)

I'm a minimalist, I can live with the browser or an app done right. The new SkyDrive web UI is more touch friendly than any Desktop application. The SkyDrive app is good for me, and functions well.

I've downloaded Cloud File Explorer just to give it a go, but the splash screen is taking a while already on my Windows 8 Enterprise on i7 with 4GB of RAM...

OP
U

ut1205

Thanks for all the replies. I finally figured out how to download by passing up RT and Apps and going straight to the SkyDrive url. I would have never figured it out without your help. It's not a streamlined process.

The more I use this tablet the more disappointed I become with it. I have used every Microsoft OS since 3.1 and it seems to me that they went out of their way to make RT user unfriendly. This is the only location to get reliable documentation.

Thanks again and I'll be back.