What's new

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

Knaeckebrot

Hello,

since yesterday i have a problem with my surface pro 3. My surface crashes frequently with the error:
DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION .Also since yeterday i use my new doking station. Has anyone the same problem? is ist possible that the error is associated with the doking station?

My Surface Config:

I5 8 Gb
Installed Software
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security
Visual Studiuo 2012
Office 356 + Visio 2010
Some small aplications (Tex Studio, Gnuplot, etc)
Diablo3

greetings
Knaeckebrot

MiloTheGreat

I think your Trend security is screwing it up.

Can you disable it and retry?

I have and dock, and use the Microsoft security essentials, and never had this issue.

Good luck.

OP
K

Knaeckebrot

Hi Milo,

thank you for yout response.. I will tried to disable my AV. On my Desktop PC (also Win 8.1) i used a long time the Trend AV and i had never problems with this. But i hope this will work.

greetings
Knaeckebrot

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that Office 356 must be a fake or pirated copy and that doking station ... is that related to a bong in any way :)

Seriously, check the event log it should have an entry related to the crash(s) and point to an offending module, driver, etc. That should yield a clue.

leeshor

I think that Office 356 must be a fake or pirated copy and that doking station ... is that related to a bong in any way :)

Seriously, check the event log it should have an entry related to the crash(s) and point to an offending module, driver, etc. That should yield a clue.

I'm certain Office 356 would be a fake. ;);)

OP
K

Knaeckebrot

Hello,

i disable my trend av, but without improvement. My office is also legal ;)

i tried to logalized which program or driver generate the bsod DPC Watchdog error with the windbg tool. This said, that the error comes from the nwifi.sys. I installed the latest wifi drive. i will see that this will help.

currently i have no more ideas except a reinstall :/

greetings
knaeckebrot

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello,

i disable my trend av, but without improvement. My office is also legal ;)

i tried to logalized which program or driver generate the bsod DPC Watchdog error with the windbg tool. This said, that the error comes from the nwifi.sys. I installed the latest wifi drive. i will see that this will help.

currently i have no more ideas except a reinstall :/

greetings
knaeckebrot
A Refresh is not the worst thing in the world even though MS over uses this to its own detriment, leaving nagging problems unsolved.