What's new

Dragon Speaking on Surface 3. Can it work?

Ok just bought the surface 3 and purchased the Dragon Speaking 14 to go with my Plantronics voyager headset.

Now it seems I can not activate the headset (solved.. turn headset off and on and then it activates)

My goal is navigation commands for Skype
Open Skype search Bob
chose #4
Click call button

Is the onboard windows 10 navigation function strong enough to do this??

Last edited:

kundas1

was the headset working previously before dragon? maybe its the headset that's not compatible with dragon? maybe the headset isn't DNLA compatible?

mtalinm

i would suspect the chip is not fast enough to run DNS.

one thing that might help is: in the setup, when you are creating your user profile instead of letting it pick the acoustic models, manually select the Medium or Small vocabulary. that takes less memory and MIGHT work (but I still think the chip is too slow)

OP
I

Intranetsites

Well many. Hours of YouTube videos I'm Actually getting there!!
Easy navigation to Skype and name search .
Still stuck trying to activate the dial button via voice command
Very close!
Dragon Speaking does work well

I finally figured out to activate the Plantronics Bluetooth headset by turning off and back on again.
This action of windows asking about a new device allows near instance connection.

HAs anyone else ever used voice to control your windows 10 surface

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well many. Hours of YouTube videos I'm Actually getting there!!
Easy navigation to Skype and name search .
Still stuck trying to activate the dial button via voice command
Very close!
Dragon Speaking does work well

I finally figured out to activate the Plantronics Bluetooth headset by turning off and back on again.
This action of windows asking about a new device allows near instance connection.

HAs anyone else ever used voice to control your windows 10 surface
Would you mind posting a few links to videos you found helpful getting going, others may benefit from your experience.
How is the command responsiveness?
How much CPU utilization do you observe in task manager using Dragon?

I am dictating this message via Dragon naturally speaking. I'm using a USB headset which seems to be very effective. The only other application I am running is Edge. It is a little bit lagging in its performance but it is more than acceptable for productivity purposes. It certainly is more pleasant than typing on the tablet. In fact, I probably would not have even bothered posting this but for the fact that I am able to say it out loud and not have to type it in.

OP
I

Intranetsites

I found out I have turn the headset off and back on to get the surface to connect properly. Now that i figured this out im not so frustrated.