What's new

Drawboard PDF (4.xx)

kristalsoldier

Hi all...

I was wondering if any of you folks have noticed Drawboard PDF (newly updated to 4.xx) is taking a bit of time to open up. I am noticing this on my SP3 and it is even more noticeable on my S3. However, once the app is open, everything seems to working fine. But there are those few moments when the app is opening.

Thanks in advance.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all...

I was wondering if any of you folks have noticed Drawboard PDF (newly updated to 4.xx) is taking a bit of time to open up. I am noticing this on my SP3 and it is even more noticeable on my S3. However, once the app is open, everything seems to working fine. But there are those few moments when the app is opening.

Thanks in advance.
It looks like it is checking location as its opening...

Drawboard

Hi all...

Thanks in advance.

Hi kristalsodier,

The app takes a couple moments to load as it is preparing elements and libraries that the app needs to operate. Drawboard PDF is more complex behind the scenes than one might expect, and so although we're always working on streamlining the experience, there will always be a bit of a load time. The Surface 3 is also a lower-specification tablet, and so it's speed when compared to the Surface Pro 3 will usually lag a little.

Thanks!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's always a tradeoff between the perception of fast/responsive and lagging and delaying some functions a short time. Many times you see a quick opening screen while things are being done in the background because often times a user may just be reviewing or likely not instantly jumping into the most complex operation. To a point, magic tricks can be useful tools to maintain the illusion of fast and responsive. :)

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Hi kristalsodier,

The app takes a couple moments to load as it is preparing elements and libraries that the app needs to operate. Drawboard PDF is more complex behind the scenes than one might expect, and so although we're always working on streamlining the experience, there will always be a bit of a load time. The Surface 3 is also a lower-specification tablet, and so it's speed when compared to the Surface Pro 3 will usually lag a little.

Thanks!

Hi...

Thanks very much. I would also like to take this opportunity to draw your attention to two points. I am quite sure I read somewhere that the updated version allows for more than 5 documents to be open at the same time. This is when you folks were testing the updated app under the name Drawboard BDF. But I find that the updated version still has this limitation. Is this going to remain a limitation of the app? The second point is the "save as" function. Currently it is buried under the hamburger menu. I wonder if it is possible to have this set by default upfront. Just makes it easier to save documents to a location of one's choice. Apologies for plugging these requests here, but I just could not pass up the opportunity.

And, thanks for being responsive in user forums like this one!