What's new

Drawing in Illustrator

Atro

The problem is, I can't get sharp edges on brushes when I draw with my pen directly on my screen. I get these round edges and after a few hours fighting with the brush settings I finally realised that the sharp edges are possible but you need to add some black magic and sorcery. As you can see shown in the image below, no matter what I tried it stayed the same (left) When I press really hard and the slowly release the pressure I can get a sharp edge (right), but this method sucks.

8AZKQ.png

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
True, Illustrator could make their interface better for this.

Not a Microsoft problem - an Adobe issue.

But one thing I do is to zoom. If you draw zoomed in, then zoom out afterwards, the ends are sharper. This is probably what you are already doing.

OP
A

Atro

How is this not a Microsoft problem since it has to do with the stylus and touch sensivity of the Surface series

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
How is this not a Microsoft problem since it has to do with the stylus and touch sensivity of the Surface series

If there are ANY software titles for the Surface or Windows 10 which have good stylus and touch sensitivity, then those programs have used the APIs very well. The same APIs are available to Adobe.