What's new

Drawings that you have done with your surface

kozak79

Not really a drawing, but I did all the modeling (Maya) and sculpting (ZBrush) on my SP3.

Screenshot (1).png

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's with the giraffe in the boat? :)

I'd love to have the patience to learn to do this stuff. Alas I had a less than pleasant art teacher at school who rather put me off painting and drawing. I'm still surprised that I cannot convince my girlfriend, a digital artist, to try the sp3. she insists on sticking with her ipad and a cheap rubber tipped pen. Maybe it's just brand loyalty, she is about as pro-apple as they come.

I didn't really learn... Just play about myself,hence the giraffe. Today on the plane home from Spain I did another scene ,nearly finished. It was a great way to pass the time. Will post that one up soon.

Last edited:

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you have any fbackground in art Moonsurface? That's pretty impressive. I have trouble drawing a stick man in Fresh Paint
Not really I did an art GCSE at 16 but then nothing after. I liked art but decided I wasn't talented enough to do it as a career as I realised you have to be super good to do anything with it - I went into science instead, I'm a post doc scientist now. But I have kept up art in the form of photography which I do as a semi-pro thing. I love photography as it allows me to be arty and geeky at the same time :)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really I did an art GCSE at 16 but then nothing after. I liked art but decided I wasn't talented enough to do it as a career as I realised you have to be super good to do anything with it - I went into science instead, I'm a post doc scientist now. But I have kept up art in the form of photography which I do as a semi-pro thing. I love photography as it allows me to be arty and geeky at the same time :)

Might explain it then, if you're always with a viewfinder picking the colours and angles you like and all that lot. I did fine art at GCSE and flipping hated it. Cubism can suck on my posterior. I'd love to get back into just doing things like that, even just for Christmas cards and such, but I've never found the push to get back in front of some paper. I was the first student to get a C in my teachers class in 15 years :) she wasn't too pleased about it.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I decided to do Roy Lichtenstein style pop art for my GCSE final piece. I soon regretted it when painting out thousands of tiny dots to represent the newsprint style by hand....

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I TRIED. I FAILED.

Just installed Adobe CC on the SP3 for the missus, we shall see what she ends up doing :)