What's new

Drawings that you have done with your surface

Leo Hartas

I actually did the original line drawing over 30 years ago on good old fashioned paper, but recently coloured it on my Surface Pro 3 in Manga Studio. Not sure of that counts! I'm now using the Pro for all my work from concept sketch to finished art. It's brilliant!
Wight - Crypt of the Vampire Web- Leo Hartas.jpg

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had to keep the gf occupied while I was at work so gave her my SP3 to use for the first time. Not bad for a few hours work on a system she's never used before (she said it was much better than using her imac with a Wacom usb sketch pad thingy as there was no disconnect between pen and screen. Done in Adobe CC (for reference, that program is unusable on an S3)
PUGGYPRINTFINAL1.jpg

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice work both!

I have tried freshpaint on my PC with a Wacom intuos pro tablet and I agree with Hughlle's girlfriend I MUCH prefer it on my Surface as it is so much more direct. I also feel like although the wacom has more pressure sensitivity than the Surface pro 3 it doesn't seem to register much in Freshpaint - it's much more controllable on my SP3... don't know why - possibly limitations of the app and the Wacom tablet settings.

I can see why people pay so much for Wacom Cintiq's.... the SP3 does give them a run for their money!

SeeVuPlay

Had to keep the gf occupied while I was at work so gave her my SP3 to use for the first time. Not bad for a few hours work on a system she's never used before (she said it was much better than using her imac with a Wacom usb sketch pad thingy as there was no disconnect between pen and screen. Done in Adobe CC (for reference, that program is unusable on an S3)View attachment 6720

I like it! has that South Park Kids appeal to it

vxm

nice stuff guys, keep it up! So far, the best software for me, usable on SP3 without external keyboard, are Painter 2015, Mischief, Artrage and Sketchbook Pro (I'm talking regular software, not apps from Store, as both Sketchbook and Artrage have their "touch friendly" alternatives there). Adobe Suite without additional keyboard is a no go, it simply takes to much time to get things done without additional keyboard shortcuts. Type Cover while drawing usually hinders drawing experience, so I'm talking external keyboard or keypad . What are your thoughts and experiences on that? What software do you use? Here's something from me, done mostly in Photoshop CC with bluetooth keyboard:
EQE6dzX.jpg
cheers! :)

SeeVuPlay

that is an incredible amount of detail! Bravo!

nice stuff guys, keep it up! So far, the best software for me, usable on SP3 without external keyboard, are Painter 2015, Mischief, Artrage and Sketchbook Pro (I'm talking regular software, not apps from Store, as both Sketchbook and Artrage have their "touch friendly" alternatives there). Adobe Suite without additional keyboard is a no go, it simply takes to much time to get things done without additional keyboard shortcuts. Type Cover while drawing usually hinders drawing experience, so I'm talking external keyboard or keypad . What are your thoughts and experiences on that? What software do you use? Here's something from me, done mostly in Photoshop CC with bluetooth keyboard:
EQE6dzX.jpg
cheers! :)

Reactions: vxm