What's new

Driver for network adaper

OP
jott27

jott27

My Device Manager shows 8 WAN Miniport drivers. Here is the list :
IKEv2, IP, IPv6,L2TP,NETWORK MONITOR, PPOE,PPTP,SSTP
Do I really need them all? Which one are needed? I looked them all up and all are reporting that the are working properly,

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Typically uninstalling the device in Device Manager and rebooting is sufficient, but you can also check the box to remove the driver as well. As for the Virtual Miniports,, each is for a different mode of communication and they are virtual interfaces and shouldn't cause any problems. Removing them could stop types of network communication though.

Turbo4AWD

Also check if Firmware is up to date. Microsoft just released firmware updates for Bluetooth AND Wifi this week:

Surface Pro 6
Windows 10 version 1903 or greater
  • Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter - Bluetooth- 15.68.17013.110 improves Bluetooth connectivity.
  • Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters- 15.68.17013.110 improves Wi-Fi connectivity.
Windows 10 version 1803 or greater
  • Surface System Aggregator- 239.3101.139.0 improves battery performance.
  • Surface Integration – System devices- 4.18.139.0 improves integration between services.
  • Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices- 3.0.10.1 resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip.
  • Surface Pen Integration Device – Human Interface Devices- 1.0.9.0 enables firmware update to Surface Pen with no clip.