What's new

Dual IE

f4f

Sometimes I like to have more than one website open at a time. This is a no brainer on the desktop but I can't seem to figure it out with the metro app. I know I can switch between several website but I can't look at 2 simultaneously. The obvious work around would be to download another browser but don't you guys agree that this is one app that should be allowed to be opened twice or be able to split the screen with two pages (the latter probably makes more sense)?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
When you press and hold or right click a link chose open in a new Window from the modern UI IE, then you can snap just like any other App...

OP
F

f4f

You sir, are freaking Surface genius. Thanks for the tip. I love the power and potential I have with the Surface. Anybody with a Surface should really participate in a forum because a lot of the features aren't so intuitive.

I just tried it out and I don't like how I can't get ride of the navigation menu at the bottom. I'm going to play with it over the next couple of day to see if I can get rid of it.

Thanks again!

beq

I've been wondering, is there a way to rearrange tabs in Metro IE?

How about transferring tabs between two open windows of Metro IE?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You sir, are freaking Surface genius. Thanks for the tip. I love the power and potential I have with the Surface. Anybody with a Surface should really participate in a forum because a lot of the features aren't so intuitive.

I just tried it out and I don't like how I can't get ride of the navigation menu at the bottom. I'm going to play with it over the next couple of day to see if I can get rid of it.

Thanks again!

I'm confused... it works just like if you have one Instance open...

Screenshot (10).png

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've been wondering, is there a way to rearrange tabs in Metro IE?

How about transferring tabs between two open windows of Metro IE?

You can right click on a tab and open it in a new window, you can also duplicate a tab...