What's new

E-Mail App - FAIL

stlbud

I give up. I'm no longer using the default e-mail app. This thing is so terrible I hope the people responsible are standing on a street corner with tin cups! Along with confusing and confounding settings, constant failures to synchronize with my ISP, and wonky user controls (anyone remember drag and drop?!?). Now I find there is no way to "empty" the junk mail folder. You have to manually delete each - individual - e-mail - message - one - at - a - time. GIVE ME A BREAK! Seriously!?!?!

E-mail is an important part of today's communications. It ranks as high or maybe even higher in importance as a telephone call. To foist this stinking pile of @#*#! on the Microsoft faithful is abominable.

The e-mail app for Windows Phone is nearly a work of art. For Windows 8 ... ?!? AAAaaag!

There are rumors of a version of Outlook for Windows RT. I'd be happy with that or the freely downloadable Windows Mail program ported to Windows RT.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You can delete all by pressing CTRL "A" which selects all of the mail with in the folder, then hit the delete button....

kristalsoldier

I give up. I'm no longer using the default e-mail app. This thing is so terrible I hope the people responsible are standing on a street corner with tin cups! Along with confusing and confounding settings, constant failures to synchronize with my ISP, and wonky user controls (anyone remember drag and drop?!?). Now I find there is no way to "empty" the junk mail folder. You have to manually delete each - individual - e-mail - message - one - at - a - time. GIVE ME A BREAK! Seriously!?!?!

E-mail is an important part of today's communications. It ranks as high or maybe even higher in importance as a telephone call. To foist this stinking pile of @#*#! on the Microsoft faithful is abominable.

The e-mail app for Windows Phone is nearly a work of art. For Windows 8 ... ?!? AAAaaag!

There are rumors of a version of Outlook for Windows RT. I'd be happy with that or the freely downloadable Windows Mail program ported to Windows RT.

Agreed! I can add - Editing is limited to "Copy and Paste", why not "Cut"? Whoever designed (in the context of this app "design" is word that is a misnomer) this app should be sent back to first grade or to kindergarten. Simply unusable.

kristalsoldier

You can delete all by pressing CTRL "A" which selects all of the mail with in the folder, then hit the delete button....

Thanks for that. Nevertheless, the app is horrible! And for these things, I should not have to resort to using keyboard shortcuts.

bosamar

I agree, there is room for MUCH improvement. It works for me as is but I've been considering using outlook.com.

kristalsoldier

That's the one!

Yeah.. I agree, but its really a pain to log into webmails every time. I hate it whenever I have to do this for Gmail, which is why I installed the Gmail Touch app though I am still not very comfortable with it and to all intents and purposes, the app only an interface to the Gmail site.

ximoosea

Be careful with outlook.com. I had high hopes for it as I wanted to migrate away from Gmail. However, like many others I found out the hard way that outlook.com has many problems. First, it will only "reliably" accept about 1500 contacts, the rest of which will not sync. This is not a problem for me since I do not have that many but for many it is. For me the biggest issues are that outlook.com has a character limit in the contact's notes field of about 1250 characters so many of my Gmail notes get truncated. Also there is problems if you create a contact in Outlook 2013 that when it syncs to outlook.com the notes field is filled with HTML garbage even if there was nothing in the original notes field.

I realize all of these problems are with the contacts (now called People), and that you are referring to switching to email, but an email program is no good without a good contact list.

You mean the web interface? I like that...much better than Gmail, I think!