What's new

Easily Transfer Tivo Recordings to Asus VivoTab Smart for playing smoothly

PavtubeVideo

Tivo box is a wonderful stuff for us to record TV shows when we don’t have time to watch live. You may find, these videos recorded by Tivo, with a special file extension – .tivo. This format is encrypted. Now that you have the Asus VivoTab Smart tablet and intend to sync Tivo shows to Asus VivoTab Smart for playing. But, these videos can’t be played directly by smart. According to my own experience, with TiVo Desktop and third-party TiVo Converter, it’s straightforward to play Tivo shows on Asus VivoTab Smart. Below is the details.

tivo_premiere.png

Part One: Transfer the videos to your desktop from Tivo hard drive.

1. Install the TiVo Desktop for PC, launch it.
2. Click “Pick Recordings to Transfer.” A window showing your TiVo box’s “Now Playing” or “My Shows” list appears.

tivo-1.jpg

3. Highlight any title in the list to see more information about the show. Check the box next to the title of the show (or shows) you want to transfer.

4. Click “Start Transfer.” Transfer times vary, but may take as long as the show’s duration to complete the transfer.

tivo-2jpg.jpg

Part two: Convert Tivo recordings to VivoTab Smart compatible video format by using the top windows 8 video converter.

Step 1. Download and install this Tivo to Asus VivoTab Smart converter on your computer. Drag and drop your tivo files into this program from PC, A window will pop up to let you enter the “Media Access Key”. Please finish it ( Go to “TiVo Central” menu >> “Messages and Set Up” “Account and System Information”, and your Media Access Key would be there ). After that, you can freely import your Tivo shows.

tivo-key.png

Step 2. Choose Asus VivoTab Smart liked video format. Click on “Format” bar, choose “H.264 Video (*.mp4)” in “Common Video” category.

tivo-steps.jpg

So as to fit the display of VivoTab Smart, i suggest you adjust the video quality as follows:

vivo-tab-smart-settings.png

Step 3. Click “Convert” button to start transcoding Tivo to mp4 for VivoTab Smart.

Now, please wait until the conversion finished. Then, transfer the converted files to VivoTab Smart. After that, you can watch Tivo TV shows on Asus VivoTab Smart freely.

Original