What's new

Edge + Extensions: SP4 W10AU

kristalsoldier

Hi all,

Just set up a brand new SP4 for myself. The machine updated to the AU version of W10 using the Windows Update Assistant and all went well.

Except that in Edge, I click on extensions and the store opens but I get no extensions like Translator, Mouse Gestures etc. I got Ad Block from a link in a post on Reddit.

My question: What do I do? What can I do? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

May be relevant: My device region and language (English, US) is set to US, but I am currently resident in Asia if that matters. Cortana is set to be US-English specific.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about other Store things, is the Store working?
Where does the Store open too when you click the link?
From the Store Home click on Apps then scroll down there 'should' be an Edge Extensions section... although if you search on Edge Extensions you get NO results :) This may possibly be dependent on what OS it thinks you have installed... if you don't see an Edge Extensions section under Apps ... check under your account for devices etc. Under settings check Store app Version 11607.1001.32.0

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

How about other Store things, is the Store working?
Where does the Store open too when you click the link?
From the Store Home click on Apps then scroll down there 'should' be an Edge Extensions section... although if you search on Edge Extensions you get NO results :) This may possibly be dependent on what OS it thinks you have installed... if you don't see an Edge Extensions section under Apps ... check under your account for devices etc. Under settings check Store app Version 11607.1001.32.0

The store opens to a page which I recognize as being the one where the extensions were listed. It has the button to check for updates for apps on the upper left side. But there are no apps listed.

Yeah...lol!!! I did check under Edge Extensions with no luck as you mentioned!

But when I check in My Library of apps, the extensions that I had previously used are there. So, I used that to download what I need. But still I thought that link from within Edge should work - it did when I was on my SP3.