What's new

Edit option on highlighted text on RT gone

thix84

Does anyone notice that the copy,paste,cut option on highlighted test on RT is gone? need to CTRL V,X,C now.

Before,I just click the text and the option appear but now its gone. Or its just me? Any ideas?

ArnoldC

You mean this?

gyse2any.jpg

ArnoldC

Touch-hold, touch on the word for the slider to appear. Double-click on word using mouse.

Just restart your RT.

OP
T

thix84

Touch nd hold +double click doesn't work anymore. Before 8.1 after i selected a word, i just point my fingers on it, copy,cut option appear now its gone. I need to use mouse or keyboard. Annoying.

ArnoldC

I'm on 8.1 and the screenshot I showed you is on 8.1

On Notepad, I made it to work using double-tap, and tap-slide to mark a word.

teveru9a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
T

thix84

It's weird. Also I notice there are delays on my on screen KB. I'll try to do system refresh.

Thnx sir Arnold.

oneniner

Does anyone notice that the copy,paste,cut option on highlighted test on RT is gone? need to CTRL V,X,C now.

Before,I just click the text and the option appear but now its gone. Or its just me? Any ideas?

I am new to Surface and noticed the same thing. I thought it was a shortcoming. If I browse in the Modern UI IE and select text I get Copy option only. If I am in the Desktop version then I get more options. I checked IE options and found nothing that would help.

Surface RT Windows 8
Screenshot (4)_edited.jpg

Screenshot (3)_edited.jpg

R0bR

If I'm in the modern UI IE I get options for Search, Share and Copy when selecting text. If I select text as I type this I get Search, Share, Cut, Copy and Paste.

oneniner

There must be a setting somewhere. I posted on MS forum as well as here. If I do learn more I will share it here

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8