What's new

Editing photos on Onedrive

kwright

I can't figure out how to edit photos on the OneDrive website. I have lots of photos so I can't sync the folder.
Many thanks.

johnj2803

I'm not sure what you are trying to do...
1. Edit photos in one drive: just open the photo and edit it on whatever program you prefer. Or are you trying to edit photos within one drive? I'm not sure that is possible.

2. Lots of photos: does it exceed the storage you have in one drive? You can sync photos as long as it's within the allotted space in one drive

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@kawright is asking how to edit photos on the OneDrive website, onedrive.live.com . This is a different access technique than an active connection with a Microsoft Account using the OneDrive app.

To edit photos on the OneDrive website:
1 Visit onedrive.llive.com
2 Download the photo or Open it with a suitable program or application.
3 Edit the photo using any suitable program or application.
4 Save the photo.
5 Return to onedrive.live.com
6 Upload the edited photo

To edit photos using a computer which is running the OneDrive application:
1 Browse to the photo.
2 Open the photo with a suitable program or application.
3 Edit the photo.
4 Save the photo.

The Windows 10 built-in Photos app will allow you to straighten or adjust photo colors, brightness, etc. There are many other applications available, free or fee.

jerry_maguire

To organize and find photos in OneDrive:

Search photos

You can use the Search photos command to not only scan photo tags and metadata but also extract and search text shown in photos. It now can also recognize objects in a photo, as another way to find the picture you want.
  1. On the OneDrive website, select Photos.
  2. Type something in the search box - a name, a place, or a date.
Edit or remove a tag
OneDrive automatically creates tags for things it recognizes. Sometimes it makes mistakes, but you can remove or edit the tags for a photo.
  1. Select the photo.
  2. Select Edit tags.
  3. Type a new tag or select the x next to a tag to remove it. (You edit tags by adding or removing them.
Apart from this, Onedrive has 2 more features to organize photos depending on the location & Automatic album creation.

Regards,
Jerry.