What's new

Effect of Win 8.1RT Spring Updae on Surface RT/2

kristalsoldier

Hi all,

This question is specifically about the RT and the Surface 2 - not the Pro machines.

Given what you may know about the upcoming Spring Update to Win 8.1 (let's call it Win 8.1.1), how do you think it will affect the Surface devices? Will they be faster? How will the new UI changes affect usability? Any other effects - positive or potentially detrimental?

Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So far the I haven't seen anything that impacts the usability on the RT platform, you notice changes using keyboard and mouse, but as far as Touch goes it is the same. The footprint is smaller and we get a Search Button next to our Name, no power button like on the x86 non-Connected Standby Machines.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't noticed any improvements in battery life, modern UI Apps load faster though, of course any new telemetry is diluted with the new firmware/drivers from today so moving forward what fix what will be harder to tell...

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

I haven't noticed any improvements in battery life, modern UI Apps load faster though, of course any new telemetry is diluted with the new firmware/drivers from today so moving forward what fix what will be harder to tell...

Thanks. So, in effect, nothing much from the user-interface point of view. Well, as long as it makes the RT platform more stable.