What's new

Email from Exchange Server Just Stop Working??

TomT

I have had my Surface two since January and had no problems getting it setup with the Microsoft Exchange Server at work. So for 9 months it has worked fine, now out of the blue, it now every time it synch I get the message that the email address is not available (meaning synch to the server). The strange thing is that I can send an email, I just can't receive my emails. Was there any sort of update done recently that would have caused this??? I did remove and account and reinstall, but same problem, restarted matching, downloaded all new updates etc. Lost as to what is causing this. I can still access the service through owa, but what a pain.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

kundas1

Errr, why do people automatically blame the SP3? maybe its the server that might be giving you trouble? Perhaps try phoning the IT guys to see what's up?

OP
T

TomT

Not sure you were answering my question, or just making a statement??? as I have no idea what the problem is, I don't remember saying it was SP3?? We are a small business without an IT department so was asking a general question before paying someone to come in for what might be an easy fix by me. If anyone out there has an idea that would be appreciated.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have had my Surface two since January and had no problems getting it setup with the Microsoft Exchange Server at work. So for 9 months it has worked fine, now out of the blue, it now every time it synch I get the message that the email address is not available (meaning synch to the server). The strange thing is that I can send an email, I just can't receive my emails. Was there any sort of update done recently that would have caused this??? I did remove and account and reinstall, but same problem, restarted matching, downloaded all new updates etc. Lost as to what is causing this. I can still access the service through owa, but what a pain.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Can you give us more information.... is your business using Small Business Server? If so, which version? If no, Are you using Hosted Exchange or Office365?

kundas1

Not sure you were answering my question, or just making a statement??? as I have no idea what the problem is, I don't remember saying it was SP3?? We are a small business without an IT department so was asking a general question before paying someone to come in for what might be an easy fix by me. If anyone out there has an idea that would be appreciated.

it was half answer half statement, as you said you didn't know if the updates were responsible therefor your saying it is the SP3 fault indirectly... and I was just saying with the limited info you gave that it might be the server at fault and not necessarily the SP3 fault

OP
T

TomT

We are using small business server, I will tell you since day one (I mean since January) that I have had a certificate error, but have always told it to ignore that error and it has always worked. Maybe recently MS has done a security update that cause this issue, if so I will get with my IT guy. I was just a little confused that I CAN send email, just not receive them, seems like if it logged on it would do both. I am not an IT guy so am not well versed on these issues. Thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
We are using small business server, I will tell you since day one (I mean since January) that I have had a certificate error, but have always told it to ignore that error and it has always worked. Maybe recently MS has done a security update that cause this issue, if so I will get with my IT guy. I was just a little confused that I CAN send email, just not receive them, seems like if it logged on it would do both. I am not an IT guy so am not well versed on these issues. Thanks.
Your Small Business Server should allow you to get the Certificate for your mail, basically your inbound email is protected via SSL and your outbound is not, that is why you can send but not receive....