What's new

Solved Empty windows persist on screen

JamesM

For the last few weeks I have experienced empty windows from various Office 365 programs (OneNote, Outlook) leaving empty windows which persist across other programs. Screen shot attached. The windows stay in the same location on the screen and block out any text / graphics on the underlying program. They disappear after closing the program which generated the window. Has anyone experienced this program and/or have suggestions to remedy.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-03-15 085809.png
    Annotation 2019-03-15 085809.png
    229.4 KB · Views: 843

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you should delete the Office 365 application, and re-install.

Not to worry, you should not lose any files (documents) or Outlook data.

Steve Scott

For the last few weeks I have experienced empty windows from various Office 365 programs (OneNote, Outlook) leaving empty windows which persist across other programs. Screen shot attached. The windows stay in the same location on the screen and block out any text / graphics on the underlying program. They disappear after closing the program which generated the window. Has anyone experienced this program and/or have suggestions to remedy.

I have been having the same problem. Very frustrating.

Steve Scott

Steve have you had any luck solving this? I thought a recent Win 10 update had made this behaviour stop, but its back again now for me.

Interestingly, my unwanted windows are no longer empty but rather now contain have bits and pieces of data from elsewhere which only disappear by closing down the program and restarting.

OP
J

JamesM

Was hoping the May 2019 Win 10 update might have resolved this but no - still getting these unwanted windows.

OP
J

JamesM

Since the Windows 10 version 1903 update and a bunch of Intel updates all installed on the same day the problem has disappeared.