What's new

European release date for Pro?

Spaniard

tumblr_ml85t9Z1Jy1s97k6io1_500.gif

OP
CargoMatatu

CargoMatatu

I see that Amazon.co.uk are now offering the 64Gb Pro, marked as "in stock", for 779.99 UK Pounds and it is supplied by "Smart-Deals".

No mention of the 128Gb version, which is the one that I would want.

MS site for Fra/LU still says "coming soon".

OP
CargoMatatu

CargoMatatu

My only concern with imports is warranty coverage.
I suspect that if it's imported from the United States it won't have a valid European warranty.

apoc_reg

Yes I think thats true. I should be ok as I have a 2 year warranty with Mobicity UK so they will fix/replace within that period but yes you would need to find a similar vendor in your country

fastmike

Yep

I called MS France to check if the warranty for the Surface Pro was international like most of the competitor products, but they confirmed that this is not the case! For any repair/exchange, a Surface Pro bought in US or Canada has to be shipped back to a US or Canada address! That's weird for a big company like MS...

So never move if you own a MS product! ;-)

Also, a Surface Pro acquired in US or Canada is covered by a 1 year warranty vs. 2 years in France (probably Europe).

Hope this helps

Phil

OP
CargoMatatu

CargoMatatu

Yes, indeed. Luxembourg, which comes under MS France/LU, has a legal minimum of two years warranty on all such items. So I definitely want to buy it here locally.

I just want to do it before I retire in another ten years!

Codevine

I just hope it'll be released before June. Otherwise the semester is pretty much done and I don't really need it anymore until the next one starts in october. And then I might as well wait for Haswell. Considering Microsoft said it will be released in Europe in the second quarter of 2013, it could possibly be late June which sucks. =/

Codevine

Sorry for double-posting (yes, I could edit my last post, but that wouldn't really reach you), I've just read some news on a german website, here's the translated version: Google Translate

It basically says that a Microsoft website states, that the Surface Pro Lifecycle begins at 10th May, which could mean, that it will be sold somewhere around that date. They also mention a "reliable source" that stated pretty much the same. Considering all the other articles, this might not be too much of a rumour. I live in Germany, so that is pretty good news, I think Microsoft will probably launch it in UK, France and Germany at the same time.

Last edited: