What's new

Exchanged SP1 128 with SP3 256-i7 at Microsoft Store

Thats right, I exchanged my SP1(with COmplete warranty) toward an SP3 today and got the original purchase price of my SP1 ($999 minus student discount) toward the transaction. I opted for the 256GB i7 and also threw in the Microsoft Complete bundle (2yr warranty, type cover, sleeve, and office 2013) at another $300 and walked out spending $930 after my student discount.

This exchange followed a standard exchange through mail in which I received a lemon unit. After reading here of another members experience exchanging and upgrading their SP1 =>SP3 I gave it a shot... it worked!

I am very pleased with the experience and especially with Microsofts support.

grumpy

Thats right, I exchanged my SP1(with COmplete warranty) toward an SP3 today and got the original purchase price of my SP1 ($999 minus student discount) toward the transaction. I opted for the 256GB i7 and also threw in the Microsoft Complete bundle (2yr warranty, type cover, sleeve, and office 2013) at another $300 and walked out spending $930 after my student discount.

This exchange followed a standard exchange through mail in which I received a lemon unit. After reading here of another members experience exchanging and upgrading their SP1 =>SP3 I gave it a shot... it worked!

Well, I officially hate you...;)

I still can't get a satisfactory replacement for my faulty SP2 - after six months and three replacements... I am not even angling for an SP3 and if offered one I would still opt for an SP2... Of course, I don't live near an MS store and I am stuck with dealing with the poorly named Surface "Care" Team.

OP
E

efinimazda

Well, I officially hate you...;)

I still can't get a satisfactory replacement for my faulty SP2 - after six months and three replacements... I am not even angling for an SP3 and if offered one I would still opt for an SP2... Of course, I don't live near an MS store and I am stuck with dealing with the poorly named Surface "Care" Team.
Sorry to hear, mind sharing what the issue is that you are having with the SP2?

ivan99

------------------------------------------------
Can you explain how COMPLETE works? I thought it was just a warranty ? So if I bought an sp3 now and complete would I be able to return it to the store in a year or so and get an Upgrade to sp4??? Will they refund all my sp3 or some proration without any questions asked?

ivan99

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Can you explain how u were able to get all what you paid for on the SP1 (minus student disct)?? Is it bcoz you had it for less than 30 days?Does it have anything to do with the Complete Warranty? PLease do bcozu are confusing everyone on this!!

OP
E

efinimazda

I purchased my SP1 at best buy almost 15 months ago. I did not do anything special to get full credit, I just showed the sales clerk my best buy receipt and they did the rest. It is possible MS was more willing to help since I just had a replacement issued and coninued to have issues. I would recommend getting the Complete warranty because the manufacturer warranty would have already expired leaving me with no Pro.

ivan99

I purchased my SP1 at best buy almost 15 months ago. I did not do anything special to get full credit, I just showed the sales clerk my best buy receipt and they did the rest. It is possible MS was more willing to help since I just had a replacement issued and coninued to have issues. I would recommend getting the Complete warranty because the manufacturer warranty would have already expired leaving me with no Pro.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TY for the clarification! I am still totally amazed that you were able to get a full refund on SP1 after 15 mos of usage with or without Complete!

malberttoo

Congrats, you got an amazing deal!!