What's new

Excited Newbie

Travelling

Hi all, from the sunny southern interior of B.C., Canada- aka Wine Country.
I am a self taught and fairly savvy computer user and gadget lover. Microsoft Windows was always my choice of PC, and I currently own an HP All-in-One, about 4 years old.
I use it less now, as I also have an iPad Mini for travelling light and another laptop for work.
I use Microsoft Office a lot, so when the SP3 was unveiled, I knew I had to own it. I wanted a tablet/laptop that was light, and fully functional that could run all of my windows programs and have expandable memory.
I chose the i5 256 gb model, and purchased the docking station and keyboard cover. So far I love it. Still getting used to the on screen keyboard, but improving.
I came here to information share, ask questions and meet other SP3 lovers, maybe even help a few.
I look forward to meeting you and making a few friends along the way.
When I am not playing with one of my electronic "toys" or working, I enjoy spending time socializing with friends and family, amateur photography, am a foodie and wine appreciator. I sing, write, and love to be in, near or on the closest body of water. Good thing I live on a lake, huh?
Thanks for reading my introduction.

malberttoo

Hi all, from the sunny southern interior of B.C., Canada- aka Wine Country.
I am a self taught and fairly savvy computer user and gadget lover. Microsoft Windows was always my choice of PC, and I currently own an HP All-in-One, about 4 years old.
I use it less now, as I also have an iPad Mini for travelling light and another laptop for work.
I use Microsoft Office a lot, so when the SP3 was unveiled, I knew I had to own it. I wanted a tablet/laptop that was light, and fully functional that could run all of my windows programs and have expandable memory.
I chose the i5 256 gb model, and purchased the docking station and keyboard cover. So far I love it. Still getting used to the on screen keyboard, but improving.
I came here to information share, ask questions and meet other SP3 lovers, maybe even help a few.
I look forward to meeting you and making a few friends along the way.
When I am not playing with one of my electronic "toys" or working, I enjoy spending time socializing with friends and family, amateur photography, am a foodie and wine appreciator. I sing, write, and love to be in, near or on the closest body of water. Good thing I live on a lake, huh?
Thanks for reading my introduction.

Welcome, glad to have you aboard!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, @Travelling , to a well lighted place to give and get help and support regarding all things Surface.

Nice post. Many of us share your excitement.

jrioux

Hi all, from the sunny southern interior of B.C., Canada- aka Wine Country...
I chose the i5 256 gb model, and purchased the docking station and keyboard cover...
My SP3 w/ 128GB just arrived on Tuesday, but I've had an RT for awhile. The Pro is very nice. I was a little surprised at how nice the on-screen keyboard was while I was relaxing on my recliner. I like it better than the one on my iPad.

Welcome! Enjoy your new toy.