What's new

"Express Settings"- what do you guys use?

malberttoo

When setting up Windows 8 (or Windows 10) for the first time, you have to either pick the "Express Settings", or "Customize". Up until now, I've always erred WAY on the side of privacy and disabled practically everything.

But setting up Win 10 just now on my SP3 got me to thinking, in the case of the stuff like "Use Bing to get search suggestions...", "Use page prediction to preload pages", "Let apps use my name and account picture", "Let apps use my advertising ID", etc, what do you guys do? And, do any of you know what features are enabled or broken by either enabling or disabling the above choices??

@jnjroach I would like your thoughts on this too, being a more-baked-in-than-normal Microsoft guy...:D

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I used to use Customize, but because all of my settings come across I use express....you can always adjust your privacy settings after the fact, even at the App Level...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I generally use express then customize after its installed although it the more distant past I always did custom. yes, settings follow you but that's not always good either so I customize that too.