What's new

External Monitor DPI Looks Great!

MickeyLittle

Some guy was posting some stuff earlier today about software called Displayfusion and so I gave it a try since it comes with a free 30 day download and heck I didn't even have to enter my email address to download. It seems this software has been around for years. So far it is working great. My setup is 2 24 inch monitor 1920X1080 and my Surface Book 3000X2000.

This link is an article on it by PC World from 2011.

DisplayFusion Pro

Last edited:
OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Playing with this a little more and found a great tool (icon) at the top of any app that is open called "Move Window to Next Monitor" This is much easier that pressing the mouse button and dragging the app to another monitor. There is also a shortcut ctrl + win + x

The only issue I had so far is that the menus were too small on my screens so I had to temporarily adjust my SB display zoom back to normal. I keep it on 250% and not 200%. I don't know if I will continue to have to do that but that was a small price to pay for the end results that I have now.

Sketch (3).png

swadeepc

Hi,

Did you mean you had problem with texts being blurry and not sharp on the external screen? I am using Surface book connected via dock to the Samsung 32 inch LED monitor with 1920*1080 resolution but it doesn't look sharp and texts appear blurry also. Is this the DPI problem and this software solved it? Let me know please!

Thanks

Swadeep

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Hi,

Did you mean you had problem with texts being blurry and not sharp on the external screen? I am using Surface book connected via dock to the Samsung 32 inch LED monitor with 1920*1080 resolution but it doesn't look sharp and texts appear blurry also. Is this the DPI problem and this software solved it? Let me know please!

Thanks

Swadeep

My problem was that the Surface Book with a 13.5 inch screen and resolution of 3000X2000 as 1 monitor and an external 27 inch screen of 1920X1080 just didn't play nicely together and so things were way too small on the SB or way too big on the external monitor.

But hey you can try this app for free so you have nothing to lose. So give it a shot and post back if it fixed your issue or not!