What's new

Facebook App

It actually works! At least on the desktop. Hopefully that ability to work worth a darn translates to the Surface. I've always found Facebook's apps to be some of the most poorly coded, poorly running apps no matter what the platform is.

Desless

It actually works! At least on the desktop. Hopefully that ability to work worth a darn translates to the Surface. I've always found Facebook's apps to be some of the most poorly coded, poorly running apps no matter what the platform is.

Just wondering if its me or my install. But should the Facebook app show on Metro? Or just under apps when scrolling Down on Metro start page?

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

TeknoBlast

You have to kick off the install from the MS Store. The app doesn't automatically appear when upgraded to WIN.8.1.

Afy

Last I heard FB ran in a browser.. so what is the hoopla? And why would you use FB?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Because it is very scalable way to interact with a large cross section of Social Connections all for the low price of some of your privacy. And while FB runs in a browser it isn't all that touch friendly and that is where the app comes in handy....

demandarin

I have it installed and running. works very well actually. its closer to the web version than any android or ios version. I like it. I got the instagram one also which works pretty well. im ready for the flood of apps to come.

borka105

Critically important app for Microsoft and surface. It helps that the app works very well.

This alongside twitter are core apps for most that own tablets. Flipboard will be big whenever that comes out.

tonyflow1

Would have thought they would have come out with something a bit more advanced/different. Looks like the Phone app, but still very happy with it!