What's new

Facebook App

kristalsoldier

Is Flipboard ever going to be released for Win 8? I thought I heard Panos mention it during Surface release event. But nothing since then. I like Flipboard - on Android and on iOS. And, I am sure it will be excellent when (if) released on Win 8.

ARosch

I have never used Flipboard but I don't see how it could be better than Pulse. I absolutely love the Pulse App, it is my favorite app hands down.

kristalsoldier

I have never used Flipboard but I don't see how it could be better than Pulse. I absolutely love the Pulse App, it is my favorite app hands down.

I have not used Pulse and so can't compare. But I have used Flipboard on my iPad and Nexus 10. That said, I am not sure why this is considered to be a "critical" app, which can determine a potential buyer's purchasing decision.

Booch

It's not necessarily about flipboard being better than pulse, or any other news app. That said, look at mobile devices and the displays being turned out. Apps are created to be very visual, or pretty if you will. Apps like flipboard take advantage of these screens and processing power. They aren't built for the hardcore news junky.

Pulse is "ok" but Flipboard is far and away better for me and how I read RSS feeds. Lack of Flipboard on Win8RT is irritating.

macmee

So how is the FB app better/worse/different than the official website?

since it seems you never got an answer, the facebook application has desktop notifications and the chat seems to work much better on the app than it does on their website. I don't do much more on facebook other than use the chat, so I'm not sure what else is better, but in general it seems to look and behave slightly more like you would expect a metro app would, and less like a website.