What's new

Facebook for Windows 10 app acting up and reset won't fix it

Turbo4AWD

I may be one of the few people on here, but I use the Facebook Windows 10 app frequently and noticed recently that, when I click the notifications "bell" icon and click on a notification regarding any group that has had multiple posts from different members of that group, the group page never loads and I do not see any posts/comments. It's like a constant loading animation.

However, I can still go into the group and view all posts using the shortcut in the column on the left for "groups" and choose the specific group in the list. I have tried using the new Windows 10 "App Reset" switch toggle and I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Windows 10 Facebook App, but the issue remains. Maybe the Facebook app needs to be updated? Currently the Microsoft Store says I have the latest version of the app. Anyone else having this issue?

Allen_B

I am a new Surface Book user (have used a Surface Pro for work for years) and have to admit, I haven't found value in the apps.
The apps would seem to be a great option for a lightweight option compared to the web interfaces for various things (like FB, Messenger, YouTube, Netflix, etc.) but the apps seem to be an afterthought.
As for FB, the app seems incomplete- No dark theme and less functionality compared to a web interface. I have noted the app does not properly display more comments and is generally a dumpster fire so your experience seems on par with what I've seen- it's a swing and a miss.

Hope MS has some leverage with 3rd party folks with app development because I really like the Surface but the execution on apps is junk especially coming from the Mac world. Apps that are lightweight and effective are a huge win to maximize the Surface platform but so far, it has reminded me of the Win Phone I liked but was abandoned by...

V/r

Allen

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

I am a new Surface Book user (have used a Surface Pro for work for years) and have to admit, I haven't found value in the apps.
The apps would seem to be a great option for a lightweight option compared to the web interfaces for various things (like FB, Messenger, YouTube, Netflix, etc.) but the apps seem to be an afterthought.
As for FB, the app seems incomplete- No dark theme and less functionality compared to a web interface. I have noted the app does not properly display more comments and is generally a dumpster fire so your experience seems on par with what I've seen- it's a swing and a miss.

Hope MS has some leverage with 3rd party folks with app development because I really like the Surface but the execution on apps is junk especially coming from the Mac world. Apps that are lightweight and effective are a huge win to maximize the Surface platform but so far, it has reminded me of the Win Phone I liked but was abandoned by...

V/r

Allen

The value for the apps for me is that they save battery life when I am not near an outlet AND add a more "touch" supportive interface over right clicking and clicking a red "x" to close something etc. Also, adding gestures helps too. I notice that if I use more apps over the actual application or a web browser, I end up saving battery life because I spent most of the time in the app instead of the browser window while accessing the same content. Navigating with swipes and closing apps with gestures also helps improve the relaxed, tablet, consumption feel.