What's new

Facebook touch is out now

popartist

I hated it, but that's more FB's touch/mobile web interface than the app itself. If it looked more like the official FB app on Android or a more Windows 8 look I would've been OK with it. I uninstalled it. I put a IE shortcut tile to the desktop site on my Surface, I'm fine with that for now.

ctitanic

And I keep asking: what's wrong with Facebook.com? It has all the features
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

ArnoldC

I share the sentiments, but perhaps it needs to be magnified which one can always do. I am forcing myself to avoid Facebook web and stick to the People application. It works well actually unless I go out to Pages and Groups, where it opens up the browser.

FinsUpDNC

touch.facebook.com pinned works great for me! The app is just that in an app really. Whatever keeps the masses happy is good enough for me.

OP
R

recon0828

I found another facebook app this morning. It says right in the app that they aren't affiliated with facebook. Its got a better layout and looks a lot like the people app. It says that it will be working on live tiles too. I'll use it more throughout the day and see how it is.

joemader

just opened touch.facebook.com on my Surface for the first time...and in my news feedback it had me 'liking' every single post. Every post on my news feed had the thumbs up with "you like this"

I was so worried I closed Internet Explorer and check facebook.com on my desktop, everything was fine....weird.

pallentx

And I keep asking: what's wrong with Facebook.com? It has all the features
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
The apps tend to be cleaner, no ads, less clutter. Otherwise, Facebook.com works great. The shortcut on my start screen is my facebook app at the moment.

Mr.Dan

check out Facebook pro app.... it is a new one... FAR more better than facebook touch... still needs tinkering :)

ArnoldC

I checked the features of the Facebook Pro app, and it does not have support for Pages and Groups. Heck, the Facebook app on my Nokia E72 has them. I'd stick with People app, until something of a serious replacement comes along.