What's new

Failed Firmware Update

G-man

I checked for updates today, and there was a Firmware updated listed.

I told the system to install. All seemed to go okay, but when I look at the update history I see:

System Firmware Update - 12/10/2013
Failed to install on 12/10/2013

This update failed to install on 12/10/2013 at 4:01 PM with error code 80070490

But when I check for updates now, there are none.

What's the deal?

EddySnoozah

I had a firmware update come through on my S2 tonight. I can't find the details in the update log, and so I don't know what was updated, but it now seems to be running noticeably quicker after the restart. Apps opening and snapping shut faster than before. I wonder what they did?

kristalsoldier

I had a firmware update come through on my S2 tonight. I can't find the details in the update log, and so I don't know what was updated, but it now seems to be running noticeably quicker after the restart. Apps opening and snapping shut faster than before. I wonder what they did?

Yes, I noticed that too - the opening of apps seems to have quickened perceptibly!!!!

OP
G-man

G-man

I now have in the Event Log, Windows Logs, System:

Warning Event 37 Kernel-Processor-Power (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power)

The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

I have four of these since I booted.

Can someone look at their system even log and see if this is normal? I just looked and there are more of these from days past.

OP
G-man

G-man

Also, can someone look in device manager, Firmware, and see what version driver is listed for:

Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware ??