What's new

Fake: Microsoft Surface phone is the flagship smartphone we want

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ref: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2907...phone-is-the-flagship-smartphone-we-want.html

FAKE Microsoft Surface phone is the flagship smartphone we want.

Microsoft’s Lumia phones are the iMacs of smartphones: cheery, colorful slabs of plastic with the slightly manic perkiness of a preschool teacher. Wouldn’t it be refreshing if Microsoft offered something a bit more subdued for the mobile professional—something like... a Surface phone?​

Um, place your orders ... :) see all the beautiful images here
https://www.behance.net/gallery/24129169/Surface-Phone-Windows-10-Concept

6f5cbd650feac296690cff9d1a063592.png 9a4ed4c148f992e9248811b2fdfd8435.png
cff6d6310fb0d53ff3d3ceb914819484.png c75de6ddb64798e75709bfefc06a543e.png

Brilliant!

FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - FAKE - OR IS IT??? :D

vxm

10/10 would buy that ^^ Well... Type cover looks like silly feature, kickstand with phone dimensions isn't exactly viable too in my opinion. Apart from that it's damn sexy!

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
10/10 would buy that ^^ Well... Type cover looks like silly feature, kickstand with phone dimensions isn't exactly viable too in my opinion. Apart from that it's damn sexy!
The keyboard at first thought seems silly but then, we have sliders and compact keyboard/pads ala Blackberry this would actually be a decent option. The important thing is it's an option and doesn't otherwise detract from the phone size or design.

MS should just pay the guy for the design and build it. It cant do any worse...

vxm

The keyboard at first thought seems silly but then, we have sliders and compact keyboard/pads ala Blackberry this would actually be a decent option.

Yup, but Windows 10 will bring full support for external keyboards- making this mini-type cover somewhat obsolete, and I imagine it wouldn't be better than onscreen keyboard on the go.

Anyway, I'm in awe, and yeah, they should pay him and make it happen, with keyboard or not, I don't care :)

nightpoison

I have to disagree. Those hard uneven edges in my hand would suck. Thats the one draw back to this design. Other than that im game

CrippsCorner

This would be about the only thing I could see myself ditching my iPhone for... would be amazing!

The keyboard should wrap around the back of the phone, therefore being not only a 'complete' cover but twice as wide as the phone it was attached too as well :)

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
They should make a matching Surface Battery pack too...
and Keyboard/battery pack, a full sized battery pack with BT keyboard attached to one side with popup track stick.

VickiFL

I think the screen should as big, or bigger than my Lumia 1520.

Is there any way we can send this over to the Microsoft development team, just to get their gears going? :)

Last edited:

nightpoison

Odds are Microsoft already has a surface phone in the works. As far as marketing goes its a smart move. They are having success with the pro3 lots of good reviews so far for the surface3. The surface3 are going to be in wireless stores. So a surface phone sitting next to a surface3 would sell well together. Plus market online and in big box stores together as companion pieces and your drive the idea of one enviroment microsoft is looking at