What's new

Fall Creators Update (1709) & Pen

Megoapesnut

Is anyone having issues with the 1709 update and their pen? I had problems with my pen and my Surface Book with Performance base after the update. I recently got a SB2 15" and it is in the process of downloading the 1709 update. If I am going to have pen problems, I don't want to update this.

RyCan3

Is anyone having issues with the 1709 update and their pen? I had problems with my pen and my Surface Book with Performance base after the update. I recently got a SB2 15" and it is in the process of downloading the 1709 update. If I am going to have pen problems, I don't want to update this.
I’m having issues with it. I can press the button on top and OneNote opens but I can’t write with it. The tip is unresponsive.

donaldvc

I’m having issues with it. I can press the button on top and OneNote opens but I can’t write with it. The tip is unresponsive.

I had this issue too on a first-generation Surface Book with initial Fall Creators Update builds but it seems to have been fixed by the 7 December driver updates. There was a workaround for the issue, although pretty tedious to repeat each time the SB woke from sleep: in Device Manager, disable and then re-enable the Intel(R) Precise Touch Device (under Human Interface Devices).