What's new

Solved Fast SD Card Recommendation

OP
S

Sid Gup12

The two are NOT equivalent. the Samsung you linked is NOT a micro SD card.

Thanks for the correction. I meant to link micro SD but was browsing others and accidently pasted.

I finally got the Samsung PRO+ (PRO+; instead of PRO that I linked):
Amazon.com: Samsung Pro Plus 64GB MicroSDXC Memory Card --- 95MB/s Read, 90MB/s Write: Computers & Accessories

Holy crap, it's insanely fast and I am enjoying it a lot on my SP4. I keep my movies, pictures and music Onedrive folders on it.
JvLuFKH.png

Benchmark:
Sequential Read : 94.131 MB/s
Sequential Write : 87.239 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 83.178 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 12.983 MB/s

Thank you all of you for the feedback! A very happy new year!

Last edited:

Chris Grew

Bought the 128gb version to put photos and pdf's on. Works very well and doesn't seem to make much if any difference in access speed.

Decided I didn't need the 200gb one.

Regards

Chris

bradl79

Samsung Pro+ 128gb is now at Best Buy for 99.99, the fastest write speed MicroSd card out now, getting 85 read/75ish write, works great for external source, no slow downs when downloading to

OP
S

Sid Gup12

One month+ update: Still going strong. I have my Onedrive photos library and music synced to the SDCard and have zero issues loading large pictures (sometimes RAW).

PotatoHole

So does Samsung have a good track record for Micro SD cards? How long are they expected to last with everyday use? If I have a PC in my house with about 4TB spare and just set up a home network will that be about as fast as an SD card?

bradl79

If u have Hella good Internet connection then yes, on a Samsung pro + 128gb u will get about 80mbps read and 70mpbs write, so it may be faster than ur home network in transferring files

I do not have any issues and pretty sure samsung is going to have great quality

OP
S

Sid Gup12

No apparent issues. I also use a previous generation Samsung in my SP3 and that has been going strong for about 2 years.