What's new

Faulty Surface Magnet - This Is Becoming a Nightmare

J515OP

Super Moderator
The magnets are bonded the tape only covers the magnets. It is the material that was used to bond the magnets to the tablet that has failed.

This would make sense. The magnets should be fixed and the tape just provides a thin cover for them to work through rather than hold them in place.

OP
I

IISargeII

There is no bonding substance/residue on my magnets though, neither is there any inside the holes.. surely it would still be slightly sticky? or have some evidence that it was ever stuck down?

J515OP

Super Moderator
There is no bonding substance/residue on my magnets though, neither is there any inside the holes.. surely it would still be slightly sticky? or have some evidence that it was ever stuck down?

Maybe that is the fault, they should have been glued in instead of being held in with tape. Maybe somebody forgot to refill the glue machine that day and they cranked out a batch that were never glued in.

OP
I

IISargeII

£400+ and I have to glue the thing back together... I cannot see that happening! :D Secondly, I can't anyway, as the sellotape is now wrecked and hangs off :(

Padwah

I just used some house hold selotape to hold it back in and it worked much better than what they used in the factory! Though as sage said, at £400 you shouldn't have to be gluing the thing back together! I'm just glad that mine got replaced with the minimum of fuss. good luck with yours sarge!

MarkP

Hi all, shame this has to be my first post, mine didn't even last a day unfortunately. I think I must have detached the touchtype maybe 4 times max.

WP_000229.jpg